Reporting directly to the Controller the Staff Accountant will contribute to the operational and financial effectiveness of the Accounting department. Responsibilities center heavily around the month-end and quarter-end accounting close and related processes. Preparation of bank reconciliations, journal entries, and financial statements along with the processing of disbursements will be key activities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Responsible for month-end accounting close process, preparation and analysis of monthly financial statements for client accounts, including income statements, balance sheets, cash flows, and project accounting in accordance with established deadlines.
- Assist in the design, development, implementation, and monitoring of required accounting systems, procedures, and controls.
- Prepare appropriate general ledger entries and reconciliations.
- Prepare bank reconciliations of a large and complex nature to assist with larger clients.
- Batch process Stop Payments at the bank and Voids in QuickBooks.
- Engage in research on clients in database software: work to identify and resolve discrepancies, research balances, and rectify variances.
- Prepare disbursements as backup coverage for vacations and periods of heavy volume. Review disbursements prepared by others.
- Process Accounts Payable.
- Client audit preparation; pull reports and samples, reconcile variances, answer questions, and engage in other activities to meet the needs for client audits.
- Assist in regular control testing to ensure proper control design, implementation and operating effectiveness.
- Assist with periodic compliance reporting requirements as needed.
- Assist with transactional functions such as receivable posting.
- Assist with ACH batching process online (VANCO) – includes reconciliation work.
- Assist with 1099 Preparation.
- Develop and assure strong supportive relationships with all departments and clients to ensure mutual cooperation and problem solving.
- Prepare special projects as requested by the Controller or senior management.
- Participate in and receive appropriate Vimly sponsored training, including increasing responsibility within the Accounting Department and Employee Benefits industry.
- 4+ years’ of experience in accounting or related field.
- BA degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent.
- Strong QuickBooks and Excel skills.
- Operational accounting experience with various sized organizations.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment similar to a high-tech start-up.
- A demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex operational and accounting challenge
Resumes may be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org.