As a Technical Writer you will be responsible for the quality, discoverability and accuracy of the content, for both internal and external users of Vimly Products. You will do hands-on research and obtain necessary technical and business content from subject matter experts while translating it into clear, concise, structured documentation. This means sometimes you are documenting something yourself, sometimes you are editing contributed content from someone else, and other times you are fixing and reorganizing existing documentation. Your ability to evaluate and analyze complex information is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people comprehend things that are difficult to understand.
- Plan, develop, organize, write, and edit operational procedures and manuals
- Improve the usability and effectiveness of product documentation, new hire training materials, standard operating procedures and process documentation.
- Work closely with various internal teams to extract “tribal knowledge” and create a repository of best practices
- Produce content in a variety of mediums, such as print content, video/animation, graphs, illustrations, or photographs
- Create and maintain a comprehensive library of product-specific and benefits administrations specific terminology
- Analyze, identify and refine commonalities and relationships in knowledge and processes
- Develop and manage content distribution channels for Vimly products, training, and SOP documentation
- Edit material content prepared by other writers or staff
- Collect and track user feedback to update and improve content
- Proven experience with writing, proofreading and editing technical and business content
- Experience producing and organizing content with a logical flow
- Experience with authoring tools such as XML, HTML, Markdown, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- 2-3 years of experience in the Benefits Administration or Healthcare Insurance Industry preferred
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings and mediate among stakeholder groups
- Ability to prioritize and organize work effectively and under pressure with light supervision
- Self-starter who pays extreme attention to detail and strives for excellence
Resumes may be submitted to: email@example.com.