IT'S WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT
At Vimly, we have a certain way of doing business and treating people. We call it The Vimly Way. More than just a slogan, we have developed very specific guidance—fundamentals—that clearly outline how we work with our customers, partners, and each other. Our goal is to not only bring greater simplicity and innovation to the benefits industry, but to do so in a way that distinguishes us from the competition.
1. BE A TEAM PLAYER.As talented as we may be individually, we are more powerful as a unified community. Look for ways to add your strengths to a project and be willing to help a co-worker when that’s what’s required for success. See and encourage the talents in others and leverage the best of each teammate to achieve our goals. Remember: We are One Vimly and we succeed together!
2. BE CUSTOMER OBSESSED.In all situations, do what’s best for the customer. See the world from their perspective and seek their success. Understand their needs and take ownership to deliver on our promises. Go above and beyond to create “WOW” experiences that turn customers into raving fans. There’s no greater way to build our reputation than to steadfastly do what’s right for our customers. Every day.
3. ASSUME POSITIVE INTENT.Work from the assumption that people are good, fair, and honest, and that the intent behind their actions is positive. Set aside your own judgments and preconceived notions. Give people the benefit of the doubt.
4. GET THE FACTS/USE DATA. Make good decisions by relying on facts and data, rather than opinions. This helps to remove emotions from a discussion and keeps it centered on what the data reveals. Moving forward, the use of data must become the standard at Vimly to measure and track our progress. If something is important, it must be measured so we have data to guide us.
5. EMBRACE CHANGE.Progress is not possible without change. And yet, change is not always easy. See change as exciting and a new adventure. Be encouraged by the possibilities that change and growth can bring. Change is inevitable, and it keeps us competitive. Be adaptable and be committed to enjoying the adventure together.
6. SEIZE THE DAY.Bring a passion for what you do and be fully engaged. Be your best every day by approaching every task with energy, focus, purpose, vim, and vigor. Work with a sense of urgency to get things done. Face each day with a sense of possibility—that great things are going to happen because today you will exceed all expectations.
7. DELIVER RESULTS.We reward and celebrate results. Set high goals and create a road map to achieve them. Be clear about what it is you’re trying to accomplish and use measurements to track and quantify your results. Once a goal is set, remember: we must all hold ourselves accountable for delivering results.
8. TREAT EACH OTHER LIKE FAMILY. Our relationships go deeper than simply being teammates at work. We genuinely care for and about each other. Whether it’s a kind word during a tough stretch, a friendly smile each morning, a helping hand, or an act of generosity to those in need, we show our compassion.
9. BE PROACTIVE. Be someone who solves problems before they happen by anticipating future needs. Someone who thinks and plans ahead. Someone who communicates before a difficulty occurs instead of after. Someone who sees future trends and transforms them into opportunities. Look for ways to add value to every project or team.
10. BE CURIOUS. As a company committed to innovation, learning and growing are part of our DNA. Have an insatiable desire for knowledge. Challenge conventional thinking and explore new approaches. Ask questions. Dig for answers. Increase your level of expertise. Embrace and foster the inquisitive spirit that leads to innovation.
11. GIVE MEANINGFUL APPRECIATION.People are motivated by authentic expressions of appreciation. A well-placed word of gratitude can inspire teammates to even greater heights. Lift others up by regularly extending meaningful acknowledgment and appreciation—in all directions throughout our organization.
12. PRACTICE BLAMELESS PROBLEM SOLVING.Demonstrate a relentless focus on solutions, rather than pointing fingers or dwelling on problems. Identify lessons learned and use those lessons to improve ourselves and our processes so we don’t make the same mistake twice. Learn from every experience.
13. KEEP IT FUN.Fun is a key ingredient to the culture at Vimly. In fact, it’s one of our core values. Celebrate your achievements and those of your teammates. Keep perspective and remember that the world has bigger problems than the daily challenges that make up our work. Laugh every day and enjoy the time we spend together.
14. DO THE RIGHT THING ALWAYS. Demonstrate an unwavering commitment to doing the right thing in every action and in every decision. Always tell the truth, no matter the consequences. If you make a mistake, own up to it, apologize, and make it right.
15. HONOR COMMITMENTS. Do what you say you’re going to do, when you say you’re going to do it. This includes being on time for all phone calls, appointments, meetings, and promises. If a commitment can’t be fulfilled, notify others early and agree on a new deliverable to be honored.
16. BE RELENTLESS ABOUT CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT.Regularly reevaluate every aspect of your job to find ways to improve and create greater value—not only for Vimly, but for our customers. Don’t be satisfied with the status quo. Review, reflect, and revise. Find ways to get things done better, faster, and more efficiently. When it comes to improvement, there is no finish line.
17. FIND A WAY. Take responsibility for making things happen. Respond to every situation by looking for how we can do it, rather than explaining why it can’t be done. Be relentless and resourceful, and show initiative and grit. Don’t make excuses or wait for others to solve the problem. Instead, find a way to see it through to completion.
18. SHARE INFORMATION. Share information freely throughout our organization with positive intent. Ask yourself, “Who else needs to know this?” Be sure to think beyond your own team and consider the needs of the entire company. People are depending on you for information to keep their projects moving forward. By sharing the right information, you’ll be sure that they get it.
19. LISTEN GENEROUSLY. Listening is more than simply “not speaking.” Give teammates and others your undivided attention. Be present and engaged. Minimize the distractions and do your best not to formulate a response while the other person is speaking. Instead, listen actively to understand, suspend your judgment, and be curious to know more.
20. SPEAK STRAIGHT. Speak honestly in a way that helps to make positive progress. Speak openly, with respect, and be willing to ask questions, share ideas, or discuss challenges. Be courageous enough to say what needs to be said, especially when it’s necessary for team success. Use data and facts to depersonalize the situation, and address issues in person with those who are involved or affected.
21. CHALLENGE IDEAS–NOT PEOPLE. Work consciously as a team to challenge ideas and not people. Remove the hierarchy of ideas, empower all people, reward creativity, be fearless, and allow the best idea to win. By our standard, no idea is a bad idea, but all ideas must put the customer and company first.
22. GET CLEAR ON EXPECTATIONS. Create clarity and avoid misunderstandings by discussing expectations upfront. Identify and summarize action items, due dates, and responsibilities, and communicate clearly to ensure that all receive it. It’s not enough to set expectations for others; you must also ask for clarity when you’re not clear on what is expected of you.
23. WORK SMART. Be organized and plan your work for maximum efficiency. Be thoughtful about your schedule and have a game plan for your workday. Spend your efforts on endeavors that will further our growth. There are only so many hours in the day, so be sure to invest your time on what is most important instead of what is most urgent.
24. WORK HARD – PLAY HARD. Work hard, not only for greater results, but for greater rewards. Play more. Secure more. Build greater harmony in all the areas of your life—work, family, health, recreation, and community.
25. BE POSITIVE. At Vimly, we are optimistic and enthusiastic, and strive to find joy in the work we do. Our attitudes are contagious. Spread optimism and positive energy to create the kind of environment that we all want to be a part of. Every situation has something to teach us. Even the difficult ones. Look for the good and you will find it.
26. VALUE THE DIFFERENCES. Treat everyone with consideration and appreciation, regardless of their background, appearance, experience, differences, or values. Everyone is worthy of our kindness, respect, inclusion, and care.
27. BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE. We can all be better. But it takes humility and emotional intelligence to admit. Dedicate yourself to life-long learning and be open to learning from those around you. Look for ways to help others grow. Take responsibility to coach, teach, and inspire your teammates. Realize that the best way to influence others is through your own example.
28. CULTIVATE STRONG RELATIONSHIPS. Our business is built on trust. And trust is built over time by the consistent delivery of results and by being transparent in every encounter. We invest in customer-centric relationships because we are in this for the long term. Strong bonds help us work through challenging times and increase our opportunities for new business.
29. TAKE INTELLIGENT RISKS. Innovation, improvement, success, and growth don’t come from playing it safe. They come from a thoughtful and intentional willingness to try the unconventional and to ask, “What if?” From having the courage to try a new way. And from moving forward wisely without having every answer.
30. BE A PROUD AMBASSADOR. We’re all responsible for building the Vimly reputation. Every experience we create is an opportunity to strengthen it. Consider how your individual actions affect us—both internally and externally. Think like an owner and always demonstrate a passion for excellence. Take pride in the quality of everything you do, say, and touch. Work in a way that demonstrates the very best of Vimly.